Take a look and listen to the third installment of #FridayFive featuring Rezt, Kotic Couture, Free Thyme, Yaya Bey and 20NVR.
- 3-0 Whop’s “Rezt” delivers an infectious hook-laden banger with assistance by Duwap Kaine (fresh off September’s “Candy Kaine” EP).
- Kotic Couture’s feel-good anthem “Get Ya Life” is a celebration of individuality over an upbeat vouge and house-inspired beat.
- Free Thyme is a collaboration between rapper Kosi Mkame, who also hosted 20NVR and Box Era’s “Church” show back in July, and singer Ivan La Rocca, whose new song “Grandma’s House” is tagged as “sad boy folk hop.” Hopefully Free Thyme II, the follow-up to the excellent eponymous album, comes sooner rather than later.
- Last month, Yaya Bey released her ambitious cross-media project “The Many Alter-egos of Trill’eta Brown”, which included an album, collage and book. “Throo (talitha cumi)” seems more relevant than ever as she sings “tell me that you’ll get through, somehow, shomehow, you’ll get through.”
- 20NVR finally released the highly-anticipated “20NVR” project, the first full-length release from the uber-talented. Hasani and Fayson glide over Dejuan Crooks’ production on “Bounce 3,” with an assist from Baptizeee on the hook.