Thousands – perhaps millions – of hours of mixes, and mix series, live on Soundcloud, and choosing one can be a feat in and of itself. I’ve chosen some recent offerings from series that I closely follow to help you push play.
- SQUAT Radio: Issue 18
- The Clown Prince, of The Borrowers and collective/party TROPIXXX, has been releasing some of the most entertaining, bass-bumping mixes through his “SQUAT Radio” series. Just about every issue lasts an hour and features a guest mix from some of the best talent around the country, ensuring that a variety of sounds from moombahton to U.K. Funk and everything in between is covered.
- Blush and Brews’ Pink Playlist #9
- Earlier this year, the good folks behind Blush and Brews expanded the platform by a creating a mix series focusing on DJs who have played BnB parties before. In the latest issue, Jessicunt blends trap, house and club into a swift 28 minute mix.
- 808 The Sadboi Mix Vol. 3
- Producer, event curator, and self-proclaimed “Station North Sadboi” (among other nicknames), Qué Pequeño published the third installment of the 808 mix series, a companion to the 808 shows he curates at The Crown. Each tracklist is secret, but you’re sure to find gems from D.C. and Baltimore area favorites.
- Bump ‘n Grind Mix 010
- Bump ‘n Grind, a coffee and vinly shop located Silver Spring, MD, enters the mix series arena with its own series, aptly titled the “Bump ‘n Grind Mix.” The latest issue features Panch who contributes just under an hour of nonstop house, techno, and grime.
- AFRICAN SUMMER v. 2017
- The long-awaited follow-up to last year’s excellent African Summer mix doesn’t disappoint. DJs Underdog and NativeSUN reunite for a blend of dance music from the incredible diaspora of sounds, including Afrobeat, gqom, house and more remixes of your favorite songs. Make sure you download this and be the envy of the aux cord cypher.